THE YAAN : We took a drive along the Bellinger River this week. Way up Thora and along the Darkwood Road. I wanted to see what the Bellinger River did further upstream.
We headed west through Bellingen township and took a left at Thora Hall at the foot of the Dorrigo Mountain. Then we followed the road out along the Valley and kept going till we ran out of dirt. Out there in the Valley, there’s a Steiner School called Chrysalis and a handful of communes, a Public School and houses of all kinds. The water is clear with plenty of swimming holes and its citrus season so there were trees just dropping mandarines and lemons and oranges. Here and there, were roadside stalls selling all manner of things. Goat’s Poo and books, bananas and eggs and secondhand clothes. Noone mans the stalls – just a trust tin for payment.
At one point a car came round a bend at us. So many kids in it that about four lads were riding on the roof and inside was filled up. All of them laughing and joking.
We followed the road and river up to a ford that was too deep for our Starwagon and then came back to lunch at Thora on takeaways from the Atelier in Bellingen. Wrapped the day up with dessert in the Lodge Café in Bellingen township. The Chess Players meet there of a Sunday afternoon. Folk Club on a Friday night.
The partner of my daughter tells me that he has come across the ranges and ridges during the big floods of 2009 in his 4 wheel drive. He is of a more daring nature than I am.
A-Z OF THE RIVERSThis is the 2nd go round the Alphabet. Here is an A-Z of the Northern Rivers of NSW, Australia. Particularly of the BELLINGER. FRIZZTEXT suggests a Story to accompany each letter. I will be in that.
WEEKLY LAYOUT OF THE ARCHIVEI shall let FRIZZTEXT lead us into the week with his alphabetical contribution. I 'll follow that with 3 choices from the work of other Bloggers. Then, I will dig into my own Archive for Photographs representing the Letter of the Week. Enjoy.
- brucesanders.wordpress.com fb.me/FqEIBlOl 1 hour ago
- brucesanders.wordpress.com fb.me/4UK27p0nY 1 hour ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/2a6utmpUu 1 hour ago
- I posted a new video to Facebook fb.me/D5rpYpJ6 2 hours ago
- fb.me/zujgtixg 2 hours ago
- fb.me/1jZT3oyXm 2 hours ago
- fb.me/1eEBTwwFH 2 hours ago
- fb.me/7wtgkAYGd 2 hours ago
- fb.me/JwZYPZws 2 hours ago
- fb.me/3nyLjU1Eq 4 hours ago
- Rr is for RALEIGH
- OTHER Rr BLOGGERS
- CEE’S FUN FOTO CHALLENGE: WATER
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Water
- Qq is for QUIETNESS
- OTHER Qq BLOGGERS
- Story Challenge: Letter “Q”
- A SINGLE FLOWER
- OTHER P ARCHIVE BLOGGERS
- Pp is for PEOPLE
- OTHER O ARCHIVE BLOGGERS
- CARS AND TRUCKS
- Story Challenge: Letter “O” « Flickr Comments
- Oo is for OLD PACIFIC HIGHWAY
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Contrasting Colors | Cee’s Life Photography